We are a Christian community and would love to have you join our family. To learn more about what we believe you can visit our About Us page.
In response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19), Allegheny East Conference after prayerful consideration, legal counsel and consideration of best practices is outlining the following measures detailed below to promote the safety of our churches, schools, and surrounding communities.
Please note that this action plan reflects where we are now, but it will be adjusted and updated as the situation develops.
All churches are to follow the local and state guidelines of where they are located. Furthermore, in an abundance of caution, ALL congregations are to find alternate ways to worship other than gathering at the church or the usual meeting place for the next two weeks. Some of those alternatives include the following (we will be offering additional suggestions over the next two weeks):
o Live streaming, video conferencing, free conference calls, etc.
o The use of small groups (recommended not to exceed 12-15 persons) which do not violate travel restrictions and/or advisories by local and state authorities.
Practice social distancing, keeping at least arms distance between you and another person.
• If you are sick, have a comprised immune system or fall into any of the vulnerable categories, stay at home
• Refrain from handshaking, fist bumps, or hugs
• Wash hands frequently
• Use sanitizer regularly
In addition to the specific measures listed above, please do not neglect to be diligent in prayer.
• In the case someone in your congregation contracts the virus, please notify your congregation, as well as AEC’s Risk Management office.
• Please do not share the individual’s name.
• We encourage online giving during this time.
o Our church is not yet set up for AdventistGiving, please go to make donations to the Allegheny East Conference Church on the AdventistGiving website. This can also be accessed from AEC’s website under the “Give” tab.
• If there are those uncomfortable with online giving, have them contact their local treasurer to explore other options for receiving donations
“Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.”